We went to St George to hang out with my parents about a month ago. We decided to go to the old Fort Pierce. It was really interesting to go there and see all the old ruins and see how they set themselves up for defense and fighting. It was really neat!
Can you believe they used to also house their horses in this tiny little hut? Crazy!
After that...we took off for Cali to San Jose. Tanya, Rob, Sylvia, and the kids were heading to Maui for a little over a week and they needed someone to watch little Lola! Well, who better to watch a cute puppy in sunny California than Brandt and I? Well, Brandt had a 2nd interview for a company he was looking at working with, so he stayed back a couple of days and I flew out first thing on a Monday morning. It was so early, I saw the sun come up from the plane wing.
It was so much fun seeing Taylor & Jeffrey. We spent the day together hanging out, reading The Ghost Horse (the kids were so into it), playing with Lola, jumping on the trampoline, and getting Subway sandwiches.
Lola matches the carper :)
I brought my new book, The Hunger Games to read while I had down time watching Lola after everyone left for Hawaii and until Brandt came. It kept me thoroughly occupied! Plus I wanted to read the book before we saw the movie. Brandt saw the previews and knew he had to watch it! He's not usually a "movie guy" but when he sees a good preview....we see it!
Lola was so much fun too. She totally attached to me and wouldn't leave my side the whole time. Even when Brandt came, and he's babysat her before, she still wouldn't leave my side. Such a cute thing...I think she really just missed her family.
When Brandt came, we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We've been before, but it's still just as fascinating! We met up with a friend, Susie, who use to be in Brandts old Hollister ward. Her daughter and Tanya were best friends and she works at the Aquarium. It was fun to talk to her.
My favorite at the Aquarium was the penguins! It always is! I love those little guys...they're so dang fun to watch!
And then we took Susie out to lunch afterwards at this really super cool fancy restaurant that overlooks the Bay. Susie and I both got fish and chips and Brandt got some yummy chicken. It was just a fun experience.
And Lola was so much fun! She has such a cute personality and has so much energy. She would go crazy every time we walked in the door.
Lola does this thing where she smiles when she's excited, embarrassed, or in trouble. It's seriously the funniest thing I've ever seen! She smiled a lot with us. I tried to snap pictures of it, but she would always put her head down, like she was embarrassed to smile. So hilarious!
So, while we were there in San Jose, we took a trip over to Hollister to relive childhood memories for Brandt. We walked up to the old water tower above the old ranch house. It was a really cool view. We drove around and also met up with some old friends, his seminary teacher who did our taxes. He and his wife were so sweet! They cooked us the yummiest steak dinner and we talked about old times in seminary class and how Brandt and his classmates were pretty rowdy, poor teacher! He was a really good guy! We also got to see a Hollister HayBalers High School Basketball game. It was so much fun to see the HayBalers! My brother always went by "Hey Bailor" so its ironic that I married a "HayBaler"! Fun stuff... it was like a huge reunion at the game! We saw the Grows (Joels dad and Jerrels dad) , the Kovanda's (who were at our wedding), Brandts old coach and his wife, one of his good buddy's from HS who happens to be the new basketball coach for the HayBalers! It was good times! Brandt kinda hesitated to go, but I'm glad I suggested it, I know he enjoyed it! :)
We had a really fun trip! We got to hang out and spend some time with Rob and Tanya and the kids before we came back home. This video is classic of Brandt and Jeffrey playing the dance game on the Wii. I played with the kids too, but luckily didn't film it ;) It was more fun than I thought it would be!
A few weeks ago, we got to go to little Isabelle Innes's first birthday! It was so much fun. Dena decorated so cute! I loved watching Jada partake of the yummiest cutest cupcakes on the earth! She is adorable!
Well...more to come!







No comments:
Post a Comment