Yep.
It's true!
I have a BUN in the OVEN!
And it sounds delish to me right now! A fresh warm bun with a little butter'n'honey! YUM!!!!
Ok, so yes...I'm officially a preggy! We have a tiny baby coming and it's due on December 12, 2012! Yes...12/12/12!!!! It's the coolest date in the year 2012! And it will officially be the coolest date as soon as the little bug gets here. I am 12 weeks along and we don't know the gender of the baby yet, but I don't care what we get, I'm just excited to start a family! I know it will be perfect the way it comes.
We found out on Friday April 6th, I was just curious to find out and sure enough! The test was positive. Can I say I was "THRILLED"?? I never felt more scared, but excited in my whole life! I am terrified of having a little being take over my body, and then have to go through labor to get it out! It really is one of my worst fears, but I also know that my body was made for creating and having babies, so it will know what to do when the time comes. So, Yes....Excitement is probably the main feeling over the fear at this point.
I haven't had much morning sickness as far as puking goes... But I have felt really tired, and just not my best. Maybe on 2 or 3 occasions, I felt like I was going to toss the cookies, but I held strong. I really do feel lucky for not being right down in bed, like so many women I know. One thing I'm really missing is Red Bull and caffeine. But for not having it, I have been surprised by the energy I do have sometimes. I had some hot cocoa once, and the caffeine in that made me feel yucky and anxious....so I guess it's not the same when you're pregnant.
So I had my first doctors appt this last Wednesday and it was so much fun seeing the profile in the ultrasound, hearing the heartbeat, but for me it was seeing it move and wiggle a ton that made it real for me. It was so amazing! I think that's when it really hit me! What a special day!
In this second picture, you can see the tiny fist! It's so cute!!!
So we are both excited! Brandt keeps grabbing my tummy and saying "Trish, WE'RE HAVING A BABY!" So much fun!!!!! I think he's going to be the best dady!!


Oh my gosh I am so excited for you! I totally understand the nerves of having a baby and all the comes with it, but believe me when you are in the moment (during labor) your woman instincts will kick in and you'll know just what to do.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! And for the sake of such a cool birth date, I hope he/she comes right on time ;).