So I'm trying to remain as positive and hopeful as possible even with the grim outlook we have over the next 4 1/2 months to go...I feel a need to try to enjoy being pregnant as much as possible. So I've hit the big 16 week point.
I'm now into my 2nd trimester. My belly is getting bigger! So far, people have managed to tell me that they can't tell that I'm even pregnant....which kinda makes me feel bad because I've gained so much weight. I probably just look fat! The other night Brandt and I were taking our nightly walk around the neighborhood and the neighbor across the street who we rarely see yelled out "ARE YOU HAVING A BABY??" It was kind of embarrassing in the moment but then I realized I must really look pregnant now instead of just fat! Even through the baggy t-shirt and sweats I was wearing! Sounds like a compliment to me? And I'm a desperate mess for compliments these days....
Symptoms: Round Ligament Pains! Shooting pains in my lower abdomen that sometimes trigger painful nerves down my legs and arms. Shortness of breath and feeling faint. I've had a hard time standing for longer than a few minutes without feeling like I'm going to pass out, or puke...maybe both at the same time. Arms and hands going to sleep completely and becoming numb several times through the night....it's becoming very annoying and painful! And I'm losing sleep because of it! And my heart beat is soo dang loud and hard!! Headaches have become a nuisance! They get really bad and so I take a Tylenol and drink a tiny bit of caffeine and I feel like a new woman again! Tylenol and caffeine ok'd by doc so I feel ok about it.
Body changes: My knockers are huge! I've heard from several people (some who aren't really super close friends)....they say "Wow, you're boobs are really a lot bigger!". Dena said to me when she saw me after a few weeks...I knocked on her door, and she opened and said "BOOOOOBS!!!! Jeez, you can see those things two feet in front of your body! I saw your boobs before I saw who you were!". Dang it....I've never wanted bigger boobs! It's not flattering in my opinion. It just makes me feel fatter. Oh well....someday they'll feed a human being. Maybe I'll like them then....
Energy Level: Definitely up and down....Some days I just want to lay on the couch all day and watch mindless tv. Other days I feel like I could really get a lot of stuff done! I always have good intentions of working out but my energy isn't that great yet.
Baby movement: None. Which makes me paranoid. I know some women don't start feeling baby move until closer to 20 weeks, but I know I'm super aware of my body, every little gas bubble, and pain...I can pretty much determine what it is pretty easily....but when I lay down and poke and prod my stomach and wait for any kind of sensation....I don't get anything.
Cravings: Sushi. I ALWAYS crave sushi. But I've only gotten it once since I've gotten pregnant and yes...it was a cooked roll at Blue Fish. It was the Mango Tango roll. Oh my heavens....It was dreamy! It was tempura shrimp with cream cheese, and avocado, and then topped with tons of chopped mango and green peppers and crunchy things....with eel sauce. I want it again! And I've convinced Jan (my Mother-In-Law) to try sushi, so this must happen again...soon! And I've been craving anything fatty and greasy! I think it helps coat my stomach. When I get really hungry which is like every two hours...the hunger pains get intense fast and make me feel like I could throw up, so heavy greasy foods and potatoes are what sound the best to me. And I love salads too :)
Aversions: Chicken. I can eat it but I have to choke it down. It never sounds good anymore. BBQ Sauce....can't even smell the stuff without gagging! I loved it before, but can't stomach it now!
High point: Lunch with a good friend (Debbie Jeffery - Sis Clawson from my mission. She's in my ward now and I love having her friendship now! I'm so glad we have been able to meet back up. She's still a "powerhouse"! Love her spirit and perspective!) And seeing little Jada's dress rehearsal with Dena. Dena has been so supportive and loving through all our troubles. She's always there when I need her and I love spending time with her!
Weird moment of the week: My brain seems to have gone on hiatus, and I am sad to report that it's even worse than I feared. Brandt and I will have a conversation about something that I'm sincerely interested in hearing...like a story from work, or what' he's been doing to improve himself....and I totally space the conversation. It could be anywhere from 15 minutes to 24 hours or so later...and I'll ask him the same questions completely forgetting what he just told me. He becomes frustrated about my forgetfulness and just thinks I'm disinterested in him, but I really can't recall anything about the conversation we've had...it's sad and embarrassing. I'll forget errands I needed to take care of, and I lose things very easily. I would be very afraid for anyone having to depend on me for anything right now....
Facts About Week 16 of Pregnancy – Pregnancy Baby Growth
- At 16 weeks pregnant, baby is about 4-5 inches longs and will grow 6 times bigger in the next month!
- Baby’s eyes are now forward-facing.
- Baby’s ears are probably developed enough to hear you, so now is the time to start watching those potty words!
- Baby looks something like the above picture:
Baby's truly are miracles!
No comments:
Post a Comment