Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tums are a tasty AND helpful snack!


Yes, they've become a staple in my life these days.  Bless them!  I'm so happy they help the heartburn and indigestion!  And they're sweet and yummy!

I am officially 34 weeks today, and today at my doctors appointment, the baby measured a little over 35 weeks!  He's a good healthy size!

Two weeks ago at our Maternal Fetal Medicine appointment, we were not able to get any cute 4D pictures of the baby's face because he was head down and face in my back, but they did capture a regular ultrasound picture of his HAIR!!!!  Yes, this kid has hair...maybe possibly hence the heartburn??  From what I hear, the more heartburn, the more hair?  I don't know if it's true or not, but we shall see in not too long.


Here are some of the things I've been experiencing in this last trimester.


Symptoms:  So, I feel great lately except for the little joint issue I have right now.  It's called SPD (Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction).  It's awesome!!!!  Not really... It means I have too much hormone "Relaxin" in my body and it's making my joints and ligaments very loose, including my pelvis and more importantly my pubic bone.  It feels like my bone is literally splitting in half, breaking.  Its incredibly painful and I am having a hard time walking. anywhere.  I can barely get around my own home let alone run errands, grocery shopping, church, etc.... I have a feeling in the next week or so, I'll be down for good until the rest of this pregnancy.  I hear there are theraputic measures I could take with a therapist or chiropractor, but I'm almost at the end.  Do I schedule to see someone for the last few weeks or so?  Or do I just wait it out?  I don't know.

Body Changes:  I've officially gained 42 lbs!  WOW!!!! That's about 7 pounds more than I anticipated for the whole pregnancy and I still have a possible 6 more weeks.  I am not happy about the way my body has handled the weight gain, however because of the SPD mentioned above, which really started getting painful when I was about 15 weeks along, (back in June I noticed that our regular walks were almost debilitating) has made it very hard to work out. But one good thing about all these body changes, extra weight gain and all that...I still don't have any stretch marks or the brown belly line down the middle of my stomach.  I'm so happy about this.  I am starting to have hope that I may be able to get back to my pre-pregnancy body without stretch marks.  That would be awesome!!!!  P90X and Insanity are awaiting my return!

Energy Level:  I think if I didn't have the SPD, I would be able to get around easier, therefore creating more energy.  But as it is...I am in need of daily naps.  I'm not sleeping much at night and I'm always exhausted.\

Baby Movement:  Our little guy is moving all the time!  BIG movements!  Throughout the night, anytime my breathing changes, or I turn over, he is up and kicking....just waiting for mama to wake up and eat...and have a party with him!  He's so funny!  So much energy this kid has...I wake up starving in the middle of the night all the time now and I think it's because he's burning all my calories :)

Cravings:   I've completely gone to the sweet side.  Anything sweet, candy, fruit, cookies, chocolate....you name it.  If it's sweet, I dig it.  I eat greek honey yogurt with honey granola for breakfast, my salads have to have strawberries, and raspberry vinaigrette, I love sweet pork, etc...   I also no longer want crackers, chips, salsa, steak, or anything salty.  (these were all my favorite things before pregnancy).  So weird!  This little buddy-boy takes after his sweet-tooth daddy, that's for sure!!!!

Facts about the 34th week of pregnancy:  Baby L now weighs about 4 and 3/4 lbs, and is the size of an average cantaloupe and about 18 inches long.  He's busy putting on weight, about 2 oz a day.  And his central nervous system is continuing to develop.

He is such a strong boy.  Feeling his kicks day and night, I have no doubt he'll be a born fighter!  We are still praying for miracles that his little body will be able to be fixed and that we will be able to bring him home with us so we can raise him and he can have a long healthy life.  However, we do know that the prognosis is still fatal.  We just love him so much and are so grateful to have been able to carry him this far and get to know his little personality.  He is truly a special blessing to us.  His name means "bringer of light" and that he has already lived up to!

2 comments:

  1. You amaze me! You are so upbeat and positive. I love hearing your updates. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaime! Your thoughts and prayers are gladly accepted and soo appreciated! Thank you!!! I love your updates as well! :)

    ReplyDelete