We had another appointment with Maternal Fetal Medicine at the hospital a few weeks ago. They gave us a bunch more pictures to take home, which we are extremely grateful for, because this is the time we get to see our son. This is the time we will have with him alive! I'm so thankful for all the technology we have and how we are able to get to know him through ultra sounds and pictures and video. He is such a cute little man, with such a fun personality.
When we were watching the ultrasound in 4D, we saw him actually grab the umbilical cord and start munching on it. He was just bored, finding things to do. What a funny guy! He was kicking and smiling, and making all sorts of faces. I loved every minute of it.
Everything is developing normally except for his abdomen and heart. We still have the same prognosis, but are still praying so hard for a miracle that we will be able to bring him home with us.
These are some of the pictures they gave us. Good looking little man!
I love this little nose!
This picture below is a peek-a-boo face, his right arm and hand are holding his head, and his little mouth is open, slurping up that amniotic fluid :)
He is certainly a little chunkers!
Love those lips!
I love his little profile! He's flexible, he had his feet on his little face but we couldn't quite capture the picture. You can see his omphalocele on his chest, below his little foot.
I asked the tech if we could capture him with his eyes open, and she assured me he would not have his eyes open yet....I thought I read that they open at 27 weeks, and she didn't think we would see it, but low and behold...his eyes were open! Kinda crazy, but his eyes are open!
I just can't believe how fast time is flying with him. We are really enjoying feeling him move and grow! He's a neat little guy!
Here I am on our 1st wedding anniversary, at 30 weeks....we were excited to be able to spend it with our son!
And these are some of our anniversary highlights :)
We ate at the Rodizio Grill the night before...it was so yummy!
And we were able to thaw our wedding cake top and eat it. I've heard horror stories about how disgusting the cake was but I have to say ours was perfect! It tasted so good...we even had seconds tonight after dinner! I wished we would have saved part of the chocolate part as well, but the lemon curd with cream cheese frosting was superb! All in all, being massively 7 months pregnant and not being able to move well, it was a fabulously relaxing 1st anniversary! I can't believe it's been a whole year! Many more awesome years to come!






T - thanks so much for sharing your story. I had no idea you were facing such a huge battle. My heart is heavy, but I will keep you in my prayers. He looks so perfect with his beautiful face, I wish there were more they could do at this point. Keep updating, I love your pics, you look so great!!
ReplyDelete