Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lately...

About a month ago, Lisa, Clairice, and Amanda got a group of girls together to celebrate.  I was so happy to get together with them and thank them for all the loving support they've given me lately.  We went to lunch at a super fancy place in Holladay, I can't even remember the name.  They're usually only open for dinner, but Lisa sweet-talked them into opening up for us for lunch.  All I know is that the weather had just dumped so much snow the night before, about the most we've had all winter long.  And the store still opened up for us.  The snow drifts on the way to Holladay were so high, I was amazed!  Lunch was fantastic!  The conversation was great!  I missed these girls!  Halfway through lunch, Lisa surprised me with a Gift Certificate to the Kura Door from all the girls.  They had given me a full day package at the spa.  They said it was for all I had been through!  I can't believe the generosity of these girls!  I have been so blessed to have them in my lives!  I love them so much!







After lunch, we went to Nailed Salon to get pedicures.  It was so much fun!















After that, we headed to City Creek downtown to do a little therapy shopping :)  I didn't buy any clothes but I found the worst pieces of clothing I've seen in a long time!  I really don't have much to wear except my old maternity clothes that make me look still pregnant, and my pre-pregnancy clothes that don't fit anymore.  This is what I found at the mall.  It wasn't inspiring in the least....



All in all it was a good day with the girls.  I have the best friends ever!


I believe my first impressions were "...what the #$%@&*????"  I wish I could sew because I haven't been able to find much that I like....or that fits anymore.  Sad!!!!  I did however find a cute phone case for my phone!  The cutest and cheapest one yet...from Nordstrom :)  Love it!



One particular day when I was watching Hailey and Hayden, we decided to make some edible play-dough.  I used to make it with peanut butter and powdered sugar a long time ago....and I would eat it all!  It was fun to play with and I thought Hailey and Hayden would like it.  So we made some.  They loved it, but wouldn't eat it.  They were excited but it was short lived....






That day was a particularly cold one!  Callie and I enjoyed a warm fire together :)











We took a quick trip to St. George a couple weeks ago.  It was spontaneous and fun!



We took a drive out to the sand dunes in Snow Canyon...it was so nice to be outside without freezing our toes off!

Chloe was baptized.  She called us a couple weeks before her baptism to ask us if Brandt would be a witness and if I would lead the music.  She was so cute about it.  She sang a song and played the piano.  She is so beautiful!

Brandt and I took Brickton and Josh with us.  We stopped in Beaver with Hailey & Hayden to get treats and toys on the way home from St George.










Brandt's mom Jan had her birthday :)  Scott made her famous cheesecake and it turned out perfect!  I think we have a new chef in the family!
  





We didn't have candles, but we had a lighter!  It worked :)
Brandt got me a Blendtec for christmas!  I LOVE it!!!!  We were both so excited to get it!  It makes ice cream, soup, smoothies, nut butters, flour, powdered sugar, and about a million other things!  It's magical, I swear! We make these smoothies all the time!  Half coconut milk, half orange juice, frozen strawberries, and muscle milk.
I made lemon curd pancakes with fresh strawberry syrup for breakfast...with the Blendtec!
 I have to say I make the best homemade salsa.  But Brandt won't ever eat it because it's chunky.  He doesn't do chunks!  Thanks to the Blendtec, we blended my salsa into an oblivion and he likes to eat it now :)  I am totally into this now!
On Valentines Day, I woke up to this :)  Chocolates, and when I opened the card, it sounded all different kinds of sirens!  It was so funny!  And so sweet!  I'm glad my husband still thinks I'm "HOT" during this "4th trimester".






















Later that night, went to get sushi at my favorite Blue Fish!  Star Shine Roll = YUM!


And he gave brought home these beauties for me!  He knows what I like!  Flowers, sushi, and love!  The Dark & Sea Salt Caramel chocolates were for him.  These are his absolute favorites!!













Another quick trip to St. George... We need to take advantage of the warm weather and clean air as much as we can!  It was the weekend for Parade of Homes and also little Brooklyn's birthday.  Ryan, Michelle, Noah, and Jake happened to be there for a long weekend as well.  Michelle's friends Chelsea and Beth were in town with their families, so Ryan and Michelle were busy with friends most of the weekend.  We got to see some amazing homes in the home show.


I tried Swig for the first time!  It was mighty fine I should say.... I got a Triple D (Dirty Diet Dr Pepper-with coconut).  It was sooo good!  I actually made my own at home the other day....Dr Pepper with coconut extract.  I didn't have syrup but the extract was so good in it!  YUM!  Brandt got a sugar cookie and I think he wanted a few more!!!  I'll be going back!


This was one feature in one of the Parade homes that I loved.  I've always wanted a sneaky cupboard looking pantry...so nobody knows it's there!  I loved it!

It was Brooklyns birthday and we got to spend dinner with her!  The birthday cake was awesome!  Perfect for her!  She's growing up so fast!









Jake is so cute in this picture....he's growing up so fast!!!


On Sunday, we went to Zion Canyon to spend the day with Ryan, Michelle, the boys, and my parents. It was a fun day....other than having to drive all the way back to St George, only to turn around and leave again for Salt Lake.  I wish we would have had more time.

Ryan's little family picture at the end of the walkway in The Narrows :)  The boys were just about done!


The many faces of Noah!  I told him to smile...and this is what he gave me :)  My dad finally tickled him and he actually smiled!  What a turkey!


I loved capturing this moment.  Grandpa, Dad, and two little boys.  Three generations...boys doing with they do best.  Throwing rocks!!  That was a happy moment!

Jake wanted to get a picture holding up the rock.  I think we all have one of these when we were little! Ryan said Jake was actually really pushing hard to hold up the rock!  haha!  What a cute little kid!!


This was the only picture I got with Brandt along the trail!  I hate how chunky monkey I look!  But it was a good day :)

I have a feeling he might be great at plumbing someday!  :)  Little crackers!!!



I sure do miss my little cool guys!



Last Sunday night, Grandma made brownies.  Hailey didn't miss out on the chance to lick the bowl!  I was kind of jealous!

And Sunday is definitely a day for relaxing!  Callie made the most of it in my lap.  She lives for my neck massages and tummy rubs!  I love this little girl!









So, all in all... I've made some good memories in the past few months.  Longing for my little son Lucas, but life is still good.  And I'm thankful for all the love and support and good things life has to offer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment