Monday, February 4, 2013

Moving Forward

It's really hard to move forward when you're not ready.

I'm not ready, but I know I need to.  I'm stuck in a moment, in a time where I want to be with my son.  I want to spend time getting to know him more than I was able to in the seven hours after he was born.  The knowledge that we will be with him again gives me so much comfort, and is really what is getting me through all this, but it's not enough for now.  I want to hold him again right now!  But it's all I can do to keep going, move forward, and continue making special moments and memories.

Well, I  can't believe it's February now!  I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year! I hope this next year is going to be the best year yet!  I want to create adventures that will give me memories to cherish forever!

Brandt and I have been talking about some of the things we want to do.  We get carried away and then feel the need to be more realistic.  Why NOT get carried away?  We should set high goals and expectations, that way we'll stay farther away from mediocre.  We want to go to Disneyland.  Travel somewhere tropical and warm (preferably outside the U.S.), or go back to Hawaii again (this time to visit Kaui).  We want to move somewhere warmer, someplace like California).  We want to build a house.  We also want to save money.  And we want to win the lottery so we can travel to poor countries to help those in need.  That has been a goal and desire Brandt has had since as long as he can remember.  We have both been given so much through our lives and especially recently... we just want to give back!  And maybe have another baby :)  Those are just a few of the things we want to do this year.

1 comment:

  1. Been thinking about you, wondering how you are doing. My nephew would have been nine this year . . .
    You don't have to move on, it will get easier, I see that in my brother and sil, just hold on to those sweet moments you sharedk with him. Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete