Friday, September 13, 2013

L.I.V.I.N.G (an update on the past few months)

I've been caught up in good memories lately.  Enjoying life, and really trying to make the most of it.  Brandt and I love summer and the warm weather, so we have been trying to get out and take advantage of the heat!

Please forgive me while I play catch up!  I have been so bad at keeping up with all that we've been doing and working full-time now.  Live has been very busy!  But we wouldn't have it any other way!

This was at one of Brandt's cousins High School soccer games in Sandy.  The clouds were beautiful and I had to capture it :)

Brandt surprised me with these beauties for Mothers Day.  I was not looking forward to this day and thought it would be a lot harder than it actually was.  Thanks to my sweet husband for giving me chocolates, candy, a rad book about mothers and these flowers to brighten my day :)

I know this is a terrible picture, but it was so cute.  Hailey wanted to go fishing at the fish pond, so Brandt took her.  He was so cute with her and she really had fun!

So, one day I was on my way to my good friend Debbies house to give her a facial.  I had loaded the car with all my things, including a hot crockpot, even though it was already over 100 degrees outside.  The car felt funny and I had a feeling I should pull over.  This was right before I was to turn onto the on-ramp to get on the freeway.  I turned onto a side street and my steering wheel started to pull to the right and by the time I pulled into a random parking lot, I could hardly steer.  This was the result of old worn out tires.  I couldn't believe it, Brandt kept saying we needed new tires, but they looked fine to me!  He was right :) And I'm so happy I didn't get on the freeway that day! :)

So, I have had a really hard time losing the baby weight from Lucas.  My tummy just won't go down and I can't seem to get any closer to my pre-pregnancy weight than 25lbs over what I used to weigh.  It has been really depressing.  So I decided to do the Eat to Live diet by Joel Fuhrman.  It's a restricted diet restricting any kind of meat, dairy, sugar, and processed foods.  So I can only eat unlimited amounts of raw and cooked veggies, fruit, and beans (aiming for a pound of each) every day.  Water, and that's really about it!  For the first few days it was hard...then I started to get the hang of it.  It's really a diet for extremely obese people.  And he goes on to say after the first 6 weeks of this diet, you can adopt a 90%/10% plan which means that you eat 90% healthy and 10% treats or junk.  Well I figured since I wasn't in the morbidly obese category I would adopt the 90/10 diet right off...I am not good at restricting everything because when I do finally get to eat a little naughty, I binge!  So I have to keep some balance.  Well, it didn't quite last the full six weeks, maybe five!  And I did a pretty good job of staying true!  Most people say they lose 10-20 lbs in the first week.  I lost like 2.  I only lost about 7 lbs total, which was still very disappointing.  But this is certainly not a diet I can follow as strictly for good.  But it really did teach me the importance of healthy clean eating, and I now eat way more fruits and veggies than I ever did before...I feel more nourished and satisfied.  Still gaining weight though.  :(  Maybe in about 7 more months, I can start it back up again and really rock it!)

So, right after I decided to to the Eat to Live diet.... I realized I had homemade frozen chocolate chip cookie dough in the freezer that I had made a week or so previous.  Brandt LOVES my cookies...and I figured I better make them so they can be out of the house by the time  I started my diet.  They we oh so yummy!!!

Some of the fruit for my diet... it was so scrumptious!  I love pineapple!

So Brandt and I needed a mini vacation.  We wanted to go somewhere exotic, or exciting, or different.  But we also wanted to rent a fun side-by-side four wheeler and go have some off road fun.  So we decided to make an adventure out of St George.  We took the long way home...(trip took about 7 hrs to get to St George- haha).  We saw some beautiful scenery along the way! This was at Cedar Breaks on Pine Mountain above Cedar City.  It was so beautiful!




We traveled the back way through Zion Canyon.  I LOVE this canyon so much.  It feels like home to me.
This picture above is Checkerboard Mesa.  So beautiful.  Heavenly Fathers creations are so spectacular!

I happen to catch a picture of this hot guy loving this canyon!  I love him!



The grand arch next to the famous Zion tunnel!  I love the red roads.

We woke up early the next morning and headed off to the Hurricane Sand Dunes.
This was Brandt in his element exactly....he would rather be no where else!
This is Sand Hollow Reservoir.  The water was so blue and beautiful against the different layers of color.  Pine Valley and Red Cliffs - this picture just couldn't capture the depth and clarity that day.  It was such a terrific day!
This was the Rzr that we rented.  So much fun!

The sand dunes were impressive, they kept going and going and going!
I was completely content having Brandt drive....I was having a blast watching him have a blast!

The cherry on top of this day was while I was soaking in all of Brandt's joy he was getting out of driving the rzr, for one split second, I had a special glimpse of what our lives would be like if we had Lucas with us.  I imagined Lucas on my lap looking up at his daddy with a big smile on his face, enjoying being out in the beautiful weather and scenery.  My heart was full in that moment.  I will never forget that picture that was burned into my memory.  And I am absolutely certain we will get the chance to experience all the cool things in life with our son.  I can't wait for that day!

We had so much fun together!  Brandt loved the rzr..... so we bought one for ourselves!  :)

One day we took the cruiser to Five Mile Pass to take it off-roading.
We saw some beautiful scenery
I love the snow-capped mountains in the background!
We climbed a massive dirt hill...only to find out it was caused by miners a long time ago  It was pretty cool!

One of our many trips to St George....this guy became my special buddy!  He's so cute!  I miss Jake and Noah terribly!
Very few times does Mia let Brandt hold her.... but she HATES her picture being taken....she gets so skiddish and freaked out!  I managed to snag this picture before she bolted.

My special buddy.
Noah can throw a frisbee like a pro.
And I love the way Jake runs!  He's the funniest old man I know!


So, back in January, all the girlfriends got together and we went to lunch and had the best girls day ever!  They presented me with a full day spa package at the Kura Door.  It was such an amazing gift. I was so excited to go to the spa, but I wanted to make sure I was all healed before going so I could thoroughly enjoy my treatments.  It was such a relaxing, nurturing experience. I felt so blessed and loved after my day at the spa.  Thanks to the best girlfriends this girl could ever have! :) (the above picture was taken at the spa in the locker room after my treatments.)

Hailey turned NINE and made her own birthday cake.  She LOVES cooking! :)

At a friends baby shower in Provo, I was standing outside playing with the kids and I looked up and noticed this chubby little spider on the tree next to me.  I noticed this spider had wings!  Then I noticed that the wings were attached to a fly that was inside the spiders mouth!  CRAZY!!!!!!!  I thought it was super cool...and gross!  But totally worth the picture!  :)

Dena gave us this beautiful precious gift one day.  I love the things that people have given us to remember our son!  They mean so much to me!

We got to see Dawn play against Hurricane one Saturday when we were down in SG.  She is so dang good.  She was ready to swish it in this picture.  Hurricane was a tough team!!!

We were able to hit the Hurricane Car Show one weekend and there were some pretty awesome rigs!  Brandt wants this one so that we can drive it on our ranch that we'll have someday ;)
I liked this old Bronco.  One day I'll have an old Bronco, or better yet...a Toyota FJ40 to rebuild and restore!  And take off road!
We got to go hiking one day with Ryan, Niki, Cheyenne, Dono, and QT.  They love the outdoors and we had so much fun taking them for a little off road tour.  I love these kids!

Little QT is a brave little guy! No Fear!!!!
Niki is beautiful as ever!
The cutest Easter picture ever of two little brothers.

And that has been our spring/summer so far... there's still so much more to catch up on!  I still have Moab 2012 and 2013 to share!  That'll have to be next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment