I've been in a little bit of a panic to get little guys nursery done before he gets here.... I just haven't been able to leave the house much because we have Kaia now and she isn't crate trained, and we're not completely confident she's not going to tear the house apart if we leave her alone. I mean we've left her for 15 - 20 minutes at a time occasionally when Brandt was on his way home and I was leaving, or vice versa... but it's just hard to leave ever with her here. Plus now that the time is dwindling, so has my energy and ability to get around. It's a long day when I have to actually get ready and take Kaia to grandma and grandpa's house, and then head out to the doctors appt. It wears me out!
So, I've had some GREAT baby showers! I've been so grateful and feel so blessed by all my loving friends and family who'v gone out of their way to come to my showers and bring gifts for new little baby Z! We've gotten just about everything we needed! I did head out last week to get some last minute things like a blooming bath tub and some grooming necessities! Our last little one, Lucas, was born with a full head of hair! I'm not sure if baby Z will have as much hair as Lucas, but I've gotta be prepared! :) If heartburn has anything to do with how much hair he'll have.... my heartburn this time around kicks last time in the bootay! I've had to resort to prescription meds to take away the burn! So we'll see how much hair little Z comes with! Otherwise, it's been fun wrapping things up! We got our crib - the exact one I wanted!!!! It was hard to find online but when I saw the picture of it I knew it was a great crib. It's the Pali Emilia crib. It's a good mix of mid-century/modern, and perfect for a little guy! Sophisticated for a little girl if we have one of those someday :) We found that a little baby boutique here in the valley had the exact one on display and I felt like it would be a good idea to check it in real life to see if I really did like it. Sure enough, I did and the floor model was for sale.... at a deeply discounted price! We lucked out! We also got the cutest little glider/recliner, some cute pictures and some fun owls to decorate, and just yesterday and dresser! I'm so excited to get it all put together this next week. It's just all kind of in an upheaval for now. But it's coming!!!!! Pictures to follow once it's all done :)
So, here's a little question thingy for how my pregnancy is going so far....
How far along? 37 Weeks 4 days
It is just 17 days until our due date. In less than three weeks, I will have a baby. This is getting real.
Total weight gain/loss: 30 lbs!!!!! I started 20 lbs heavier with this pregnancy (just couldn't get those last 20 off) than I did with last pregnancy, so I'm right at where I was when I delivered Lucas. I think it's my body's weigh limit threshold! It's is truly the toughest weight for my body! I can't stand it!
Maternity clothes? Wearing my Victoria's Secret sweats 24/7! They are the most comfy and I can get up and down off the floor the easiest in them, with Kaia wanting to play on the floor during her every waking moment. Brandt's t-shirts also pair well with them...although he may not think so! Ha! Cute or sexy isn't really a reality right now. Hopefully it will come back! Otherwise, when I go out to the doctors appointments and such, I wear my little stretchy maternity skinny jeans that make my legs look chunkier than ever. Oh well....clothes shopping has not been a priority in this last trimester! Nothing looks cute enough on me to buy at this point.
Stretch Marks? Blaaahhhh!!!!! Just barely starting to get some on the fronts of my legs and maybe the beginnings of some that I may be able to see on the sides of my belly button! I was REALLY hoping to get through this one without any stretchmarks! Pleeeaaaase baby come soon so they don't get any deeper!
Sleep: Is a very rare commodity at this point! A yucky cold or virus I had for about 2 weeks didn't help! If I can't breath through my nose, I can't sleep. That was miserable. Other than that, the pelvic and hip pain is terrible at night. Forget turning over....it becomes a huge painful burden.
Best moment(s) this week: Putting together the baby's dresser last night with my hubby and then eating cookies n' cream ice cream and picking my March Madness brackets! That was fun :) It's a cute little dresser. We might paint it a cool color, otherwise it's white. Not bad :)
Miss Anything? Oh my goodness.....where does the list begin???? I miss my energy probably first and foremost. Miss being able to jump up and just get something done without having to hobble along slowly with my pelvic pain. Miss exercise. Miss my size 7 jeans! Miss laying on my belly!!!! I miss 5 Hour Energy and Red Bull. I miss sushi! I miss long walks with Brandt. I kinda in a weird way miss work and being in an office and having other human interaction. My daily conversations are usually with a 5 month old puppy and then when Brandt comes home he just wants to zone out and relax. I miss lots of things, but I'm so excited for the little blessing that we are about to receive and I know all those other things will come back with time.
Movement: His feet seem so big! He's ALWAYS moving and I can see his little hands and feet right in my front. I think he's posterior, which worries me a tad. But I love feeling the movement!
Food cravings: Pretty much ice cream and chocolate. I love eating now, but I don't have much room to eat as much as I want. Maybe that's a good thing!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Only Kaia's stinky toots! She's the stinkiest dog I've ever met, as far as the toot department goes. She rips em' like an old grandpa! :)
Gender: BOY!!!!
Labor Signs: Not really sure - everything I ready says this or that symptom could mean labor is eminent, or weeks away. So I just let it in one ear and out the other. I've had lots of times where my contractions are 3-4 minutes apart for a couple hours and then they trail off. I've had severe sharp pains that make me feel my water is about to break. My bladder feels about ready to explode sometimes. Sometimes the contractions are so hard I can feel my body involuntarily bearing down... And sometimes when I get up from sitting, I feel he's about to fall out. I was checked two weeks ago and I was only starting to "soften". So we'll see tomorrow how far I've progressed :)
Symptoms: Heartburn, achy back, low LOW blood pressure...exhaustion!
Belly Button in or out? My belly button has disappeared! haha!
Wedding rings on or off? Still On!!! :) Surprisingly
Happy or Moody: Ugh, I try to be happy and positive, but lately it's been more moody and depressed because of all the things I'm "missing"!
Looking forward to: That moment where I get to first hold my new little son!!
Well I haven't taken many pictures of my belly since the last belly pics I posted. But here is one I took at 30 weeks. I'll probably get one or two last shots in the next few days.
This is a side by side of me at 30 weeks with Lucas and now at 30 weeks with baby Z!
Just a little up date on our pretty girl Kaia.....She loves to have all her toys on her blanky. That also includes daddy's pants, shoes, or belt sometimes....but always his socks! She is crazy! She is now about 20 weeks old (about 5 months) and now weighs about 45 lbs. She's growing so fast!
And some more updates..... my parents have spent the past two months in Florida and they found Sarasota to be their favorite city and AnaMaria beach to be the best beach ever! Don't get me wrong...I think Florida is probably a nice place.... I just don't think it's for my parents. I think I'm partial to the west coast. And for the time and money it costs them to have a place there to go for vacation once a year....they could totally go to Hawaii once or twice a year and then visit the west coast often. I just think Florida isn't the best place for them. My grandma was very nice to give them the mobile home. But it's a lot of work and they're not up to keeping it up constantly and worrying about renters in the meantime. Anyways....they're home now and I think much happier. Florida was a nice experience for them to have. But I'm happy they're home. They made the drive back just barely in time to surprise me at one of my baby showers up in Ogden that my aunt threw for me. Such a nice surprise! Now I hope they can come help with Kaia and the baby once he arrives :)
Trish and Brandt, you probably don't remember me but I wanted to check the blog address you gave me with a long time ago to see how you are both doing and I was thrilled to see that you are expecting again! My many prayers and happy wishes will be with you as you greet Baby Z! Congratulations as Lucas is sending you a wonderful little brother i am sure! :) Love, Carolyn Kasteler -Angel Watch
ReplyDeleteThanks Carolyn, of course we remember you! Yes, we are so excited to finally have our guy almost here...it's been a long journey thus far. We can't wait to meet him. I just sent you an e-mail, so check soon :)
ReplyDelete