Thursday, May 22, 2014

He's Here!

Wow- I've really neglected my blog the past month and a half.... but for good reason!

Zachary Joseph was born on April 10th, at 4:45pm.  Weighing in at a whopping 9 lbs 3 oz, and 20 inches long.






 I was absolutely shocked to see the weight pop up on the scale.  No way did I ever think I would have a baby that big!  WOWZERS!!!!!!!  I was able to have a successful VBAC, and managed to only push for 12 minutes.... details to come later.  

What a little MAN he is!  That Thursday he was born was so difficult, humbling, spiritual, and liberating!  He is such a special little guy, and we are so happy to finally have him here.  He has struggled a little bit with silent reflux and also he is very colicky!  He managed about 45 minutes to an hour of sleep at a time for the first three weeks or so.  It was very trying and frustrating.  I didn't have post partum depression, but there were moments I didn't know how I was going to cope with the lack of sleep.  It was almost scary.  We got him on a prescription for his acid and then found that Colic Calm helps his gas and colic.  Hopefully it doesn't stop working.  Hes slowly sleeping more and more.  We are at about two to two and a half hours of sleep at a time now.  That is definitely progress.  But that is also why I haven't had time to post anything since he was born.

 When we were in the hospital, the day after Zac was born, he broke out in a terrible rash.  It was so awful, it looked like his whole body was covered with chicken pox, poison oak, and measles!  It looked so painful, but the doctors assured us it was a normal newborn rash, only he had a severe case, and that it did not bother in at all.  He didn't act like it bothered him.  It took almost 2 weeks to clear up.  So in the first pictures we took of him, his skin looked horrible.
 He smiled a lot in his sleep for the first few weeks... I managed to capture this gem.  I LOVE his smile!
 He has the longest toes!  I think he has my moms long skinny toes!  haha!

 I cherish these special moments with my new little son!


 My favorite view in the morning!
This is Zac's poopoo face.  Every time he makes this face, he poops.  It's hilarious!

Zac has grown so much in the 6 weeks we've had him!  I expect him to still look like a newborn, but he's much bigger now!  I keep looking at him and thinking, there is NO WAY he fit inside me....and then I have to realize he's also grown quite a bit... probably 2 or 3 lbs heavier than he was at birth.  Because he's comfort fed so much with the pain of the acid reflux, he's probably gained a little more than he would have if he just ate every 2-3 hours.  As it is...he eats every 45 minutes to an hour.  He's always hungry and so that's all I do now....is feed.  haha!

Zac is soooo aware of things around him.  His eyes follow us if we're walking by him.  He can't stop starting at the stair well and the thermostat on the wall.  He gets so mesmorized by it.  It's almost comical.  He loves his little play pad on the floor, it has birds and colorful objects that hang over him.  He just stares.  He can also take his binky out of his mouth and tries to put it back in.  It's amazing to me the progress he makes every day.  His neck is so strong, his arms are really strong.  I think he was born with quads and biceps!  :)

For about a week now, he has been smiling at us like crazy, coo's and laughs at me when I talk to him, especially after a nap.  It's been hard to see, but when he makes a kissy face, or purses his lips together, he has a big dimple on his right cheek.  When he smiles big enough, you can faintly see it.  He squeals at us when he wants to be held.  His arms and hands are constantly going a million miles an hour.

Zac is a pretty cool guy.  I love him more and more every day.... It's such an awesome feeling being a mom.  When I saw awesome, I definitely don't mean it in the same context as I do when I saw frozen yogurt is awesome!  It's awesome in an truly awe stricken, eternal joy kind of way.

Heidi Vawdrey who took Lucas's pictures from Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep came and did a "Rainbow" photo shoot in our house when Zac was about 2 1/2 weeks old.  Zac was so good, and alert during the session.  He even smiled a TON...although she only sent a couple of smiling pictures.... it was quite exciting!    Here are some of the results :)

 I love this little 2 1/2 week old smile! 

 Cutest little yawn!
 We are both so proud of him! 

 I love this one.  Zac looks so distinguished!


 Remembering his big brother Lucas :)
 Such a tender Daddy Son moment.
 Lucas has a similar picture like this :)
 This one is my favorite of Brandt and Zac
 Lucas also took his pictures in this special little knitted bean pod.
I love Zac's cute long little toes!
Well, he's finally here and he being our rainbow, has definitely begun healing us in ways we never could have imagined!  He's a very special boy!  He's brought a dynamic to our relationship that has been so exciting to see.  Our perspectives have changed a little and our hearts are so much more tender.  Babies are truly miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment